What Qualifies Me?
- BBC2 - "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" documentary
- Sky TV "Ask The Property Experts" panel
- A Place In The Sun overseas property magazine - Selling Expert regular feature
- Richard & Judy show - Channel 4
- Overseas Property TV - subject of Women In Property programme
- Grampian TV - Wings'n'Things - Children's television
- BBC Radio - frequent talk show appearances as expert
- Honeybone - spoof presenter in pilot TV comedy
- The Guardian newspaper - comments as expert
- The Mirror - personal feature
- Daily Express - feature on success
- Spirit & Destiny magazine
- Barclays bank in-house profiles
- BBC Radio Sussex - "Desert Island Discs"
Daily Mail - Centre page spread on property investment presentation
- Born in Liverpool, England, in the Sixties, Maria's travels around the UK started at the age of three. The remaining years saw her living in locations the length and breadth of the UK, from Caithness to Sussex.
- Always the entrepreneur, I’ve enjoyed a wide variety of life experiences such as working as an Avon lady at age 12, presenting on children's television, modeling (I once sat on Henry Cooper's shoulders), working in the music industry and the corporate world before branching out into property investment, several businesses, coaching & mentoring, speaking & sales presenting.
- Although I travel frequently both nationally and internationally, I now live in Sussex with my beloved cats… oh, and my musician husband, Stuart.
- Full Member of the Professional Speakers' Association
- Full Member of the International Federation for Professional Speakers
- Newcastle College Accredited Business Coach
- Founder Member of Life Coaching Academy
- MENSA the High IQ Society member
Relevant Professional Background
- Progressed from living in a tiny room in an illegally rented council flat in south-east London to a country mansion in Sussex with my own businesses, a six-figure income and a large and ever-growing property portfolio (UK and overseas)
- 13 years in City of London - Manager of European IT in a top US law firm, a position I attained after starting as legal secretary with the firm
- Trained in professional speaking in the US with Bill Gove & Bob Proctor (2003). I have since given thousands of presentations to audiences from single to triple figures
- Trained and qualified life & business coach since 2001
- Author of several books in various genres with more underway
- Six months in Geneva, Switzerland, studying financial services industry – enlightening!